wednesday six - so you've got netflix...

18.11.15

A friend told me that you should always write about what you love. So, the landscape of this blog is changing (just a little bit). I'll be expanding the focus from my client work and design to also feature posts about TV, and kick-ass women. Over the next couple of weeks I'll be also be talking about some more things that will be happening this little space of mine and I'm excited to see where it all goes.


Television has played a big role in my life over the last 4 years of my life and it has become one of my favourite ways to unwind and to connect with people (I've bonded with countless people over good tv). Each Wednesday I'll have 6 recommendations for you, they might not always be television but there will always be six. This week I have 6 shows you should binge on Netflix. I get asked "what should I watch on Netflix?" a lot, so I have provided a very small selection of some of my favourites to get your binge watching started. Go, enjoy and then come back and tell me what you think.
Comedy

Psych - 8 seasons
The one that started it all, Psych was what got me hooked on Television and it continues to be a personal favourite of mine. Psych stars James Roday as Shawn Spencer a "psychic" detectives who uses his "abilities to assist the Santa Barbara police department. Alongside him are his sometimes reluctant partner Burton Guster (Dulé Hill) and savvy detective Juliet O'Hara (Maggie Lawson). It's an entertaining and heartwarming binge watch.



Young & Hungry - 2 seasons
This bubbly comedy stars Emily Osment as Gabi Diamond who becomes the personal chef to tech entrepreneur Josh Kaminsky (Jonathan Sadowski). Also featured is Gabi's level headed roommate Sofia Rodriguez, housekeeper and sass-queen Yolanda and of course Elliot Park, Josh's doting personal assistant. It's a lighthearted, entertaining and relatable comedy set in eclectic San Francisco.

Drama

Madam Secretary - 1 season
Following Elizabeth McCord's (Téa Leoni) abrupt transition from University Lecturer and former CIA analyst to Secretary of State, Madam Secretary is a political/military drama with a hint of procedural. Not only does it follow life in the office, it also follows the trials and tribulations of life at home with her religious scholar husband and three children.



Hart of Dixie - 3 seasons
Hart of Dixie is a drama/comedy that follows vivacious Zoe Hart's (Rachel Bilson) transition from a New York living aspiring heart surgeon to a general practitioner in Bluebell, Alabama. It's relatable, good for a laugh (and sometimes a cry), and the thing that continued to stick out to me was that it always had fantastic music.

Sci-Fi/Drama

Arrow - 3 seasons
The talented Stephen Amell portrays Oliver Queen, who is found after being presumed dead for 5 years. The story then follows his path to redemption, his relationships with his family and friends and his desire to make his home city a better place. A grounded and action packed drama that will leave you gasping for breath.


The 100 - 2 seasons
A gritty sci-fi thriller/drama, the 100 (pronounced 'The Hundred' not 'The One Hundred') caught my attention after hearing so many friends rave about it for it's gripping and unexpected storylines. It's guaranteed to make you cry and it's not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home