launching my new site.

24.4.15

This post has been a long time coming. One of the biggest things I struggle to do as a web designer (and I know many other creatives do) is to maintain my own website. You would think that because it's my job it would be easy. Well no. I ended completely overhauling my site twice over the last 5 months before I got it to where it is now.

I haven't had a functional website since late 2014 which as a a business owner is BAD, really bad. Don't do what I did, EVER. Tip: maintain a functional website, it really does help. But I had been working as a developer for a company which was keeping me very busy. Plus real life happens. And as a result, I had no time to dedicate to my business. However a month ago the project I was working on with the other company I work for came to an end, which meant that for the first time in a while I had some time to dedicate to my "Business To Do" list.

While I was redesigning my site I knew a couple of things 1. I wanted it to be completely responsive (mobile friendly), 2. I wanted it to be simple and easy to use and 3. I wanted it to look good but unique. Keeping that in mind, I ended up designing the majority of the site one Friday night using a mobile first approach. Since then I have perfected it into something I'm really happy about.

check out the website



Shoutout to my dear amazing friend Mikailah who assured me that the site does look good

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home